Friday 20 April 2012

LATE NIGHT MUSINGS AFTER A FULL RECOVERY FROM THE SNIFFLES



Good evening to all my readers...unfortunately after my last post I was a bit ill but I'm glad to report I'm back and blogging like my life depends on it!

My time at home got me thinking. Interacting with my colleagues and friends and during visits I had at home, I've realised there are a lot of new problems that have crept into our offices over the last few years. Civility, office etiquette, time management, stress management, anger management among other things are at an all time low. More and more, we are angrier, getting less done, and taking out our anger on others because we are handling more work, sometimes getting paid less, and having to cope with situations we are no longer young enough to fight back on or just grab our coats and walk out the door from. However, as  your HR Agony Aunt, I'm here to tell you that work doesn't have to be a chore, bore, dreaded event, or situation you just sit and groan thru. As an HR consultant, it's my mission in life to empower individuals, employees, employers, and corporations make smarter decisions to work smart, get maximum productivity, and keep everyone happy. Yes it is true that with the economic downturn, loss of skills, and more competitive workforce, times are tough but that doesn't stop us from being happy, productive, and goal orientated.

Over the next few days, I will be posting articles, answers to questions, and hopefully one or two webinars regarding stress management, anger management, office etiquette, and communication within the office. Its my aim to help us learn new and implementable skills for our offices of 2012 in order to become valuable to our companies and to ourselves.

Guys make sure you check in everyday with a cup of coffee and biscuits, you won't want to miss this!!!

have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment